Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wife of a Kiowa Pilot!

Wow...it's been a long time since I last wrote! I told you guys I'm really bad about this!! haha! So much has happened!! Let's begin with Thanksgiving!
This Thanksgiving we went to Chattanooga, TN to spend the holiday with my Uncle Joh, Aunt Tracie, and my cousins Calvin and Connor! This also happened to be the weekend of the Auburn/Alabama game and my aunt, uncle, and cousins are NOT Alabama fans...they are Tennessee fans so of course they were rooting for Auburn, well we got a nice little welcome surprise/sabotage in our room when we got there...

This was our bed.... all lovely decorated in AUBURN colors!

This was our bathroom!!! I was laughing so hard..they were really dedicated!
This was Jeff and I's retalliation! The boys woke up to this the next morning!!! haha! As you can tell...we had lots of fun, oh and by the way in case you didn't know Alabama beat Auburn...and Florida...and Texas...and won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!! ROLL TIDE!!

Thanksgiving morning we went and ran the Grateful Gobbler 5k! We had a blast! Way to work off those calories that we were destined to consume later on in the day! :) Here is my wonderful family minus Connor!

Then, Christmas break finally came and we made the road trip back to Texas with Gabby in tow! Love her! It was a very long drive that we made through the night because we were trying to make it to Texas in time for my BROTHER'S WEDDING!!! Yep, that's right! My brother Philip got married! Philip and Autumn had a very nice backyard wedding at my Dad's new house and it was a blast! I'm so happy for him!!

Then, Christmas came! Yay! I love Christmas!! Jeff and I have the joy of 4 Christmases every year! Yeah, just like the movie! It's always pretty hectic for us but we are so blessed to have so much funny who love us and who we love! This was Jeff and I's first time back to Texas since we moved away in February, so we had a lot of people to see! Sorry, if we didn't get to see you! We tried our hardest to see everyone!

After Christmas break we had to return to Fort Rucker where Jeff started his BWS (Basic Warfighting Skills) training! This course is 4 weeks long and once you finish BWS you get to select your advanced aircraft! Well selection day came and my husband got OH-58 Kiowas!!! We are very excited! This is a very fun helicopter to fly! We also got to make a "dream sheet" of where we wanted to be stationed next and our choices were... 1. Hawaii, 2. Fort Campbell, KY (outside of Nashville), and 3. Fort Lewis, WA (outside of Seattle)! So, please be praying that we get one of our top 3 choices!! Hawaii would be a lot of fun and hey you'd have a free place to come stay!! :) Here is what Jeff will be flying!!

Yes those are big guns and missles!!! :)
Also, in January my mom got married!!!!!!!! Lots of weddings going on in my family! My mom and Mark eloped to Vegas and then they had a wedding reception back in Fort Worth! I am so happy for her and Mark! This wedding has been a long time coming and I'm glad they were finally able to tie the knot! Here is our new family! (Well, most of them!)January also brought us a new gift!! My niece was born!!! Philip and Autumn had a beautiful baby girl name Ashlyn Grace McCarthy! She is absolutley precious and looks just like her Daddy!!!


Ashlyn Grace McCarthy
January 24, 2010, 3:55am
6lbs. 3oz and 19 1/2 inches

Ashlyn and her daddy! Ashlyn looks JUST LIKE Philip's baby pictures!! She is so cute!
So, see a lot has definitely happened!! As for me, I'm still working and Jeff is currently on hold till his Kiowa class starts...which doesn't start till June 28th!!! That is a looonggg hold! We are expecting to be leaving Fort Rucker by November!
Well, that's all I've got for now! Sorry this was so long! Love ya! :)

1 comment:

  1. Bout time you posted! So happy your in my life missy! So proud of Jeff! Go Kiowas! (We will miss you in the Blackhawk world).

    ReplyDelete