So, I haven't blogged since Jeff selected the Kiowa. I told y'all I am really bad at this! haha So, what has happened in the last 5 months or so? Let's see how good my memory is...haha! I want to say that March and April were pretty uneventful months for us!
In May, Jeff and I decided to go on a cruise to get away before he started up class. We went on the Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas (the largest ship on the waters) and it was a lot of fun! It definitely was a huge ship! The cruise left out of Fort Lauderdale, so we decided to drive down a day early and spend time w/ my cousin Vandi and her husband Justin. Our cruise went to the Bahamas, St. Maarten and was suppose to go to St. Thomas but that port got the ax when one of the dining room waiters decided to jump overboard one night and we had to spend the next 24hrs searching for him. He was never found. Despite that, our cruise was a lot of fun, I would have to say though that it wasn't the best one I have been on. I feel like the smaller ships are more intimate and fun. This one was just too big and overwhelming! I also feel like the food in the dining room wasn't up to its usual standard because they want you to pay extra money to eat at their "specialty restaurants." But overall, it was a nice and relaxing trip.
That following weekend was BamaJam, which is a huge 3-day outdoor Country Music Festival. I scored some free tickets because the company I work for does all the merchandise for BamaJam! This year the headliner was Kenny Chesney, who sucks, but we got to see Gretchen Wilson, Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert, and Zac Brown Band to name a few and they were AWESOME!
Jeff finally started class June 9th and is loving it! He had his family day a couple weeks ago and I got to go out and watch him fly! It was awesome! I love getting to see what he does every day! He is a natural when it comes to flying! I will post pictures later!
This summer has been extremely busy! We have about 6 friends getting married in the September/October time frame so our weekends have been filled with wedding showers! I am in 2 weddings in October that I am excited about. One is in Virginia and the other is in Massachusetts! We are also going to a wedding in Chicago and another one in Nashville, so we are going to be quite the travelers this fall!
We still haven't found out where we are going yet! :( Majority of our friends have already found out and some are even gone already! :( We have friends all over the state and internationally for that matter! Some are going to Fort Bragg, NC, Fort Lewis, WA, Fort Campbell, KY, Savannah, GA (where we hope to go), Fort Hood, TX, Hawaii, Alaska, Germany, and even Korea! Several of our friends have gotten Korea lately which is really exciting but kinda sad at the same time because they will be so far away! But, that just means we will have to take a trip out there to visit them! Darn! lol We will probably know where we are going in about a month...hopefully... I'm just so ready to start the planning process and find a house!
Our really great friends Laura and Dan Peterson just welcomed their first child into the world this past weekend! His name is Noah Michael and he is absolutely precious! Jeff and I went up to the hospital on Sunday and got to visit with them and Noah is just so cute! Laura did a great job! Her and Dan are going to be awesome parents! We are so excited for them! I'm just sad that we only get 6 weeks with him before they move to Bragg! :(
Lastly, Jeff and I have decided that I should quit my job! So, my last day is August 6th. I was originally planning on quitting in September to start getting things ready for our move, but work has been quite unbearable lately and has me upset all the time and we have decided that it just isn't worth it. This gives me more time to get other things done and to support Jeff more while he is in class. Also, I get to spend more time with my friends before we all move away. So, I'm really looking forward to that... I don't have any pictures right now for this post but I'll try and post some later!
Till next time......................
1 year ago
What is this?!?! A BLOG updates?!? Whoa! ;) jk love it! Can't wait to find out where you go, GA would be fun!! Crazy about the cruise waiter guy.... Bummer that it messed up your vaca a little. BamaJam sounds like fun- I like all of those people! Zach Brown band is supposed to be fun in concert. Yay for you almost being done w/ work! That means you should be checking for cheap airfare back to DFW right?!? I think so :) Hope to see you soon. Miss ya!
ReplyDeleteHaha...I wish there was a DFW trip in the near future... but probably not! We are already trying to save money to travel to 4 different weddings in September/October. We are going to Chicago, Virginia, Massachusetts,and Nashville. So, that's going to be costly especially since I'm in 2 of the weddings and I'm quitting my job so we will have less income! haha But, you never know what can happen...maybe there will be a surprise tip to Texas! ;)
ReplyDeleteKeep posting.... we all love reading about whats going on! We are in the waiting period too. Dan is going to medical school... but we don't know where yet. It is kinda fun not knowing where you will be going, but know you will be moving. Good luck and keep the post coming!!!
ReplyDeletewhat the crazy cruise guy! how sad!! :( u better start saving ur money so u can come to korea!!! PLEASE!!!!!
ReplyDelete