Thursday, October 29, 2009

RUCKER LIFE

Hello all,

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post! Jeff has been back from SERE for quite some time now! haha...oops! He returned from SERE badly bruised and 15lbs lighter but at least he made it through! He said it was the most horrible thing he has ever gone through (worse than deployment) but the best training he will ever receive!

A week after he got back from SERE, Jeff started Primary, which is when you learn the basics of flying a helicopter! He was very excited about flying for the first time! About a month or so ago he had his "family day" where I got to come out and watch him fly all day! It was really awesome! It makes this whole flight school thing feel more real when you get to actually see your husband fly!! (Which is HOT, I might add ;) ) Family day was fun and I enjoyed getting to see him fly and do autorotations and run on landings... haha I know some lingo! ;) He had his check ride for primary about a week and a half ago and PASSED! Yay!

Now, he is in the instrument stage of flight school, which is where you learn how to fly using only your instruments without being able to see anything out the window (like if you are flying in the clouds)! He just had his first instruments test on Tuesday and made an A! Yay! He has a couple more weeks in instruments, they are only flying in the simulators right now but I think they'll be in the helicopter next week...

Then he will move on to the next stage which is basic war fighting skills! After that we will find out which aircraft he will be, which we are hoping for Blackhawk! So, please keep him in your prayers that he gets that! If he gets Blackhawk, we will have a 2-3 month holding period before he starts the Blackhawk course, and if he gets Apache it is an 8-9 month holding period! (yikes!) that would not be fun! I really don't want to be here that much longer. If things go according to plan and he gets Blackhawks then we will be out of here hopefully by September 2010!!

Our top base pics are: OCONUS: Germany and Hawaii, CONUS: Fort Lewis-Washington (30 mins from Seattle), Savannah-Georgia, Fort Carson-Colorado, Fort Campbell-Kentucky(it's only 45 mins from Nashville), Fort Hood-Texas (really don't want this one!!) I am very excited about where we might end up next year!! I love living in new places! Germany would be amazing because I would LOVE to travel around Europe! But, we shall see!! :)

On my end, I'm doing well, I'm working at place called Aureus International and I enjoy my job! I got lucky, there isn't much job opportunity around here! I usually only get to hang out with Jeff on the weekends because he has to study so much but I don't mind because it gives me time to hang out with my girlfriends! I'm the type who needs her girl time! haha I have some really awesome friends here!

This past Friday we had some friends over and did some pumpkin carving and played games! It was a good time! I will try and post some pictures, but I'm really bad about that! haha

Our friends, the Redleys, just had twin baby boys! They came 7 weeks early and are still in the hospital but are doing really well and breathing on their own, but please keep this family in your prayers! We are hoping they get to come home soon!

Other friends of ours, the Brooks, are expecting their first child this week! A sweet baby girl named Alta James, If Brenna doesn't have her by 5pm today, they are inducing her tomorrow!! I can't wait to meet baby Alta! So, please keep this family in your prayers as well!

Babies babies all around I tell ya!!! The first McCarthy grandchild will be here in January!! My brother Philip and his girlfriend Autumn are expecting a baby girl named Ashlyn, she is due January 31st!! I'm very excited about being an Aunt! I'm technically already an Aunt-in-law to my neice Jordan :-) (Jeff's side)! haha

Jeff and I will be celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary next week on Nov. 8th!! Yay! I can't believe it has already been a year!! Crazy how fast time flies by!!! We are going away for the weekend, not sure where to yet, either up to Birmingham, to Atlanta, or down to Destin, FL!I'm looking forward to a weekend getaway!! :)

Last note, Jeff and I will not be home for Thanksgiving, we are going up to Chattanooga, TN to spend Thanksgiving with my Uncle John and Aunt Tracie, which we are really looking forward to! We're going to run a 5k Thanksgiving morning called the Grateful Gobbler! haha It should be a good time!! We will however, be home for CHRISTMAS!!! Yay! We'll be in town from Dec. 20- Jan 2!! So, if you want to see us...get in line!! ;) haha

Till next time!!!.................

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing you over Christmas. Sounds like flight school is going well for Jeff. I have a friend whose husband was stationed at Fort Lewis in Washington for a couple of years and they thought it was beautiful there, but had to get out b/c of all the rain. (She said it truly was depressing). You would be close to Canada and lots of the West Coast which could be fun. Hope you get your wish and can travel and that he gets the Blackhawks. We sure miss you back in TX. Jan/Feb is going to be a crazy baby time. With a due date of the 31st Autumn could have that little one in Jan or Feb. Exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope y'all move to Germany. You would LOVE living in Europe, I think. There is so much to do and see. Plus we could then see you! Haha.

    That's so cool Philip is having a baby, well Autumn is anyway.

    I'm glad flight school went well for Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or... I won't have a baby! Gosh! We will just keep waiting... hopefully we can get some more girl time in before she comes eh?

    I'm so glad your here, and we get to share this together. Ps... our picks for where we would like to live are VERY similar... maybe we will end up somewhere else together? :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so Europe would be amazing. But hello, Fort Hood is RIGHT around the corner!!! We would see you, like, all the time! And you'd be near your new little niece. I can understand not wanting to live there, but at least there'd be a pretty big bright side! :) And I'm sad you won't be home for Thanksgiving, but we will definitely get together at Christmas. The holidays just wouldn't be the same without some McCarthy craziness :) I'm glad you guys are doing so well, I love hearing about all your adventures. But I miss you like crazy! We need to organize a Fab Four getaway ASAP. Hug Jeff for me and call me sometime! :)

    P.S. Is something wrong with your FB? I tried to post a coupla things earlier today (I work really hard...) and it wouldn't let me. Boo.

    ReplyDelete