Wednesday, July 29, 2009

SERE School

Hello All!

Sorry it has been so long since my last post! I'm really bad about keeping up with this! I think part of my problem is that I want to post pictures with the posts but haven't had time to put the pics on my computer yet!

So, Jeff and I have been living in Alabama for 6 months now! Wow! I can't believe we have already been here half a year! It feels like we just got here! Time is flying by!

In June, I finally got a job! Yay! It is very difficult to find a job here because we live in such a small community and there is a TON of competition... but thankfully God has blessed me with an awesome job! I work for a company called Aureus International, we make flight suits! If you fly a helicopter, you can buy one of our suits! lol I'm a business administrator and love learning more and more about the company and our products every day! The people I work with are amazing and down to earth and I fit in perfectly! I couldn't have hoped for better!

Jeff left for SERE on July 13th and comes back this Sunday! Yay! 21 days without my husband or even speaking to my husband has been very interesting! It has definitely been a test of my strength and I believe I am passing with flying colors! SERE which stands for Survive, Evade, Resist, Escape, is a 21 day field training for soldiers who have a high risk position. It teaches them the techniques and the knowledge of how to react in a hostage situation if their helicopter were to ever go down in enemy territory. It is a very difficult and hard 3 weeks for the guys where they are broken to the core mentally, emotionally, and physically! Even though it may be tough and they be beaten up a bit when they return, I am very grateful that they receive this type of training! I will feel much better when my husband deploys knowing that he is prepared if this type of situation were ever to occur! With that said, it has been very easy for me to cope with him being gone, because I know it is for the better good and I know that God is watching over him and me as well, and keeping both of us safe while we are apart!

I am so proud of my husband and what he is doing for our country! There is nothing more attractive than a man who serves his country! I am so lucky to be an Army Wife and I consider it the ultimate privilege to be able to love a soldier the way that he loves this country and me tooo!! ;) Being apart from me has also taught me a lot, it has given me more patience, and it's definitely given me more appreciation for him and for who he is and how he loves me! I CAN NOT WAIT TILL HE COMES HOME!!! I can't wait to wrap my arms around him and kiss him and I probably won't want to let go for a really long time! lol I know 21 days is only a blink of eye in comparison to a lifetime or even a deployment, but at least during deployments you get to talk to him! Not always, but a lot! Oh, and Bear is missing his daddy greatly and I'm sure he will probably pee all over himself in excitement when he sees him again! lol

Ending note, I would not have been able to get through this time if it wasn't for the amazing friends God has put into my life here at Fort Rucker! We are so blessed with soo many friends and it's awesome to have others with you who are going through the same thing! Most importantly, we've got God on our side, to keep us company to love us no matter what and I know He would never give me something that He knew I could not handle!

I hope all are doing well! I will be sure to blog about his return and let you all know how he/we are doing! (It might be a couple of days, because I plan on taking him hostage, if you know what I mean!! haha ;) )

Till next time....

2 comments:

  1. Yay for an update!! I'm so proud :) I love your new picture at the top too, it is sooo cute! I know that stinks being away from Jeff for so long, but I'm happy for you that he will be home tomorrow! Love ya girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! I'm glad I get to read your blog now... and I'm even happier that we get to be friends and support each other through this Fort Rucker experience.

    ReplyDelete