
Welcome to my new blog! I have never done this blogging thing before so we will see how well I do and if I'm capable of keeping up with it! I figured it would be a good idea to start one since Jeff and I will be moving to Alabama soon and this is a good way to keep all our friends and family updated on our new journey!Let's start with out we got to this point! Jeff and I had our first date on January 27, 2007! On our first date Jeff took me to the Stock Show and Rodeo here in Fort Worth! I was very excited about our date and we had a blast! It was not your typical first date! We all know how popular the rodeo is here and that it is very likely you will run into someone that you know! Well Jeff and I not only ran into all my best friends (who I had no idea that they were there) but we also ran into my whole family! haha... Luckily meeting the best friends and parents on the first date did not run him off! After the rodeo we headed back to my apartment where we ordered in some lunch and watched a movie! Later on we went out Downtown with Lori and Matt where Jeff proceeded to spill an entire beer on me! Just perfect! LoL... Well the night ended with Jeff dropping me off at my apartment at the end of the night! It was the most perfect first date ever! It's all history from there! We have been together ever since!
Jeff was re-activated by the Army to Fort Hood in May 2007 where he spent a year training soldiers going to Iraq! During that time we dealt with a long distance relationship which was hard at times but we got through it! He got to come and visit often! Absence does make the heart grow fonder! Well since he had been re-activated Jeff decided he was just going to stay in the Army and retire! With that said, he began the process of applying to flight school! Jeff decided he wanted to fly helicopters because when he retires in 10 years it is something that he can do in the civilian world!
On April 11, 2008 Jeff proposed! I was so shocked and surprised! We had talked about it but I wasn't expecting it to happen yet! After it happened I couldn't wait to start planning our wedding but we weren't able to set a date just yet! We were waiting to find out if Jeff had been accepted to flight school! Well I started planning some of the details and finally in August Jeff was accepted! We were very excited! We still weren't sure when flight school would start. We knew it would be either October or January and I was hoping on January because I wanted an October wedding! Well, I decided to move forward with the wedding planning and I found a venue but the only available date was November 8th, so I thought..PERFECT! I started planning our wedding in hopes of it being on Nov. 8th but made sure that all my contracts would allow me to change the date if I need to! Well, later we found out that Jeff got the December class date and I was ecstatic! Wedding planning pushed full force ahead!
Finally, on November 8, 2008 Jeff and I were married! It was the most perfect day of my life! The wedding was beautiful and everything I had ever dreamed of! I was so calm the whole entire day! Everyone thought something was wrong with me because I was so calm but I just knew there was nothing to be nervous about! I was marrying my best friend and the perfect match for me! The only time I got nervous was when Alabama started playing LSU!! haha...which I later found out at the reception that Alabama won!!! yay!!! LS-Who?? The reception was a fairy tale and perfect in every way! After the wedding we stayed at the Ashton Hotel for all of 3 hours before we had to leave for the airport! We went to Antigua for our honeymoon and stayed at the Sandals resort and it was just fantabulous!
After we got back from our honeymoon, Jeff had to leave for Fort Rucker! It really sucked having to say good-bye to my new husband so soon! Jeff was there for a month before he got to come home for 2 weeks for Christmas! Jeff had to return January 2nd and we only get to talk about once a week! Jeff is graduating from WOCS on February 4th! I can not wait to see him! I'm going down to Alabama this weekend to visit some friends in Tuscaloosa and then driving to Fort Rucker for his graduation! After he graduates we get 10 days to find a place to live down there and then we head back here to Fort Worth to pack everything up and move it all to Alabama where we will finally get to live together and start our wonderful life together as husband and wife!!
So, that brings us to today! I've got 4 days before I leave and lots of stuff to do before then! I'll keep you updated on this very exciting journey!!
No comments:
Post a Comment